Suggestions to help prevent ruddy skin
(HealthDay News) -- Rosacea is a skin condition characterized by persistent flushing and redness of the face, head and neck.
The American Academy of Dermatology suggests how to help manage rosacea's symptoms:
- Protect skin from the sun with clothing and sunscreen.
- Stay away from foods and beverages that trigger your rosacea symptoms, such as hot beverages, caffeine and spicy meals.
- Cover skin with a soft scarf in cold weather, and avoid overheating in hot weather.
- Don't aggravate skin irritation by rubbing or scrubbing.
- Avoid skin care products that have irritating ingredients such as alcohol, and don't use too many of these products altogether.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.