This guide is for service members returning from deployment. It contains information to help military personnel understand what to expect when returning from a war zone, and to help them to better adapt back to home life.
Reintegration is an adjustment for all involved. This information aims to make this process as smooth as possible and covers: A description of the common reactions that occur following deployment to a war zone:
- Information about possible problems to watch out for, including PTSD
- How expectations about homecoming may not be the same for service members and family members
- The effects that war zone stress can have on your family and work life
- What you can do to help yourself with readjustment
- What help is available and what it involves
Source: VA National Center for PTSD. Public Domain. Accessed July 2010. Available at:www.ptsd.va.gov