What side effects may I notice from receiving this medicine?
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- blue lips, nails, or palms
- dark colored stools (this may be due to the iron, but can indicate a more serious condition)
- pain with or difficulty swallowing
- pale or clammy skin
- stomach pain
- unusually weak or tired
- weak, fast, or irregular heartbeat
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- nausea or stomach upset
Where should I keep my medicine?
Keep out of the reach of children. Even small amounts of iron can be harmful to a child.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Do not freeze. Keep container tightly closed. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children,
never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.