Ventricular Septal Defects treatmentsVentricular Septal Defects
Treatments could include:
- Transmyocardial closure of ventricular septal defect using catheter with implant and cardiopulmonary bypass (procedure)
- Supportive Care
- Oxygen Therapy
- Closure of ventricular septal defect
- Open Heart Surgery
- Surgical Closure of Defect by Direct Suture
- Closure of Defect Using a Patch via Cardiac Cath
- Surgical Closure of Defect with Patch
Oxygen therapy provides supplemental oxygen to people with breathing disorders.
Open heart surgery is any type of surgery where the chest is cut open and surgery is performed on the muscles, valves, or arteries of the heart. According to the National Heart Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI), coronary artery bypass grafting (CAB...