Urinary Tract Obstruction treatmentsUrinary Tract Obstruction
Treatments could include:
- Transurethral Resection of Prostate (TURP)
- Urethral Catheterization
- Percutaneous Insertion of Nephrostomy Tube
- Placement of a Foley catheter
- Ureteroscopic ureteric stent procedure (procedure)
- Treatment of Underlying Disorders
- Nephrostomy with Tube Drainage
- Nephroscopic ureteric stent procedure (procedure)
- Insertion of Ureteral Stent
- Urinary Vesicostomy
Dialysis is a treatment used for people whose kidneys don't work properly. There are two types. Hemodialysis involves an artificial kidney to remove waste. It accesses blood through the arm, leg, or neck. Peritoneal dialysis involves a catheter in...
The prostate is a walnut-sized gland that produces seminal fluid in men. This gland surrounds the urethra, a tube that connects the urinary bladder to the outside of the body. As men age, the prostate often enlarges. This squeezes the urethra, mak...