Spinal Cord Abscess treatmentsSpinal Cord Abscess
Treatments could include:
- Abscess Drainage
- Decompression Laminectomy
- Intravenous Antibiotic Therapy
- Incision and drainage, open, of deep abscess (subfascial), posterior spine; cervical, thoracic, or cervicothoracic
- Incision and drainage, open, of deep abscess (subfascial), posterior spine; lumbar, sacral, or lumbosacral
- Orthotic bracing (procedure)
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Laminectomy is a type of back surgery used to relieve compression on the spinal cord. It removes the lamina (part of the bone that forms the vertebral arch in the spine) and/or bone spurs. These structures can put pressure on the spinal cord or ne...
Gait training is a type of physical therapy that helps people improve their ability to stand and walk.