Prostate Cancer testsProstate Cancer
Tests could include:
- History and Physical Exam
- Digital Rectal Examination
- Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) Measurement
- Prostate Biopsy
- Transrectal Ultrasound of Prostate
- Prostate-specific antigen (PSA), AND primary tumor (T) stage, AND Gleason score documented prior to initiation of treatment (PRCA)
- CT scan prostate
- Magnetic resonance imaging of prostate
A digital rectal examination (DRE) is a simple procedure doctors use to examine the lower rectum and other internal organs. DRE is done for a number of reasons. For instance, it's a quick, easy way to check the health of a man's prostate gland. Co...
A prostate-specific antigen (PSA) test measures the level of PSA in a man’s blood. PSA is a protein produced by the cells of the prostate, a small gland just below a man’s bladder. PSA circulates through the entire body at low levels a...
A urinalysis is a laboratory test done to detect problems with your body that can appear in your urine. Many illnesses and disorders affect how your body removes waste and toxins. The system that takes care of that is broadly called the excretory ...
In some cases, your doctor may decide that he or she needs a sample of your tissue or your cells to help diagnose an illness or identify a cancer. This removal of tissue or cells is called a biopsy. While a biopsy may sound scary, it's important t...