Patent Ductus Arteriosus risksPatent Ductus Arteriosus
- Premature Birth
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Newborn Respiratory Distress Syndrome
- Down Syndrome
- Family history: Congenital heart disease (situation)
- High altitude environment
- Female Gender
- Maternal Rubella infection
- Syndrome of Infant of Diabetic Mother
- Alcohol Abuse in Pregnancy
- prenatal chemical exposure
A full-term pregnancy lasts 40 weeks. This gives the fetus time to grow. At 40 weeks, the organs are usually fully developed. If a baby is born too early, the lungs may not be fully developed, and they may not function properly. Healthy lungs are ...
Down syndrome is a genetic abnormality that occurs due to an extra copy of chromosome 21. It causes lifelong developmental delays that can range from moderate to severe. It cannot be cured but can be managed with educational interventions, special...