Necrotizing Enterocolitis treatmentsNecrotizing Enterocolitis
Treatments could include:
- Administration of Intravenous Fluids
- Necrotizing Enterocolitis Stop Feeding
- Necrotizing Enterocolitis Bowel Decompression
- Antibiotic Therapy
- Resuscitation using intravenous fluid
- Peritoneal drainage procedure (procedure)
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
- Colostomy Procedure
- Ileostomy Procedure
- Partial Resection of Intestine with Anastomosis
- Mechanical Ventilation
Some newborns cannot absorb sufficient nutrition through the stomach and intestine, collectively known as the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. Therefore, they need to receive nutrients through a vein, or intravenously (IV). In some infants, the GI tra...
A colostomy is a surgical procedure that brings one end of the large intestine out through the abdominal wall. During this procedure, one end of the colon is diverted through an incision in the abdominal wall to create a stoma. A stoma is the open...
An ileostomy is a surgically made opening in your abdominal wall. The ileum, which is the lower end of the small intestine, is passed through this opening and stitched into place. Your digested food is released into a pouch you wear externally. It...