Major Depression treatmentsMajor Depression
Treatments could include:
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Lithium therapy
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Antidepressant pharmacotherapy prescribed (MDD)
- Electroconvulsive Therapy
- Social Skills Training
- Interactive individual medical psychotherapy (regime/therapy)
- Deep Brain Stimulation
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation
- Family Psychotherapy
Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) is a treatment for certain mental illnesses. During this therapy a precise, timed electrical current is passed through a patient's brain in order to induce a seizure. The procedure is most often used to treat patien...
Self-esteem is the general opinion a person has about himself or herself. Having high but realistic self-esteem is essential to good mental health.