Down Syndrome testsDown Syndrome
Tests could include:
- Percutaneous Umbilical Blood Sampling
- History and Physical Exam
- Chorionic Villus Sampling
- Amniotic Fluid Alpha-1-Fetoprotein (AFP) Test
- Chromosome Analysis
- Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis
- Triple Screening Test
- Unconjugated Estriol Measurement
- Antenatal Alpha Feto Protein (AFP) Test
- Quantitative Serum Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) Level
- US Scan for Fetal Nuchal Translucency
- Fetal DNA Analysis
- Nuchal Translucency Screening
- Measurement of pregnancy associated plasma protein A concentration (procedure)
- Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Measurement
- Fetal Echocardiography
- Alpha-Fetoprotein Blood Test
- Estriol Measurement
Karyotyping is a laboratory procedure that allows a physician to examine a patient's set of chromosomes. "Karyotype" also refers to the actual collection of chromosomes being examined. Examining these chromosomes through karyotyping allows your ph...
Chorionic villus sampling (CVS), also known as chorionic villus biopsy, is a type of test performed during pregnancy to determine if an unborn child is at risk for congenital defects. During the procedure, the physician takes a sample of the chori...
The triple marker screen test analyzes how likely an unborn baby is to have certain genetic disorders. It is also known as a multiple marker test.
Amniocentesis is a test used to determine whether your unborn baby has any genetic abnormalities (genetic amniocentesis) or whether its lungs are developed enough for birth (maturity amniocentesis). Your doctor will use a long, thin needle to coll...
Fetal echocardiography is a test used to view your unborn baby's heart, similar to an ultrasound. Your doctor will order this test if he or she needs a better view of your baby's heart before delivery. This exam allows your doctor to view the stru...
An alpha fetoprotein (AFP) test is a blood test used to measure the amount of AFP present in blood. It is usually done as part of a triple screen or quad screen in the second trimester of pregnancy. However, it can also be requested for adults who...