Athlete's foot is an infection of the feet caused by fungus. The medical term is tinea pedis. Athlete's foot may last for a short or long time and may come back after treatment.
- Trichophyton rubrum
- Trichophyton mentagrophytes
- History and Physical Exam
- Skin Examination
- Potassium Hydroxide (KOH) Skin Test
- Keep Feet Clean and Dry, Especially Bet...
- Apply Antifungal or Drying Powders Afte...
- Change Socks Often
Athlete's foot, or tinea pedis, is a contagious fungal infection that affects the skin on the feet. Common symptoms are itching, stinging...
BACK TO TOP