Dual Special Needs Plans (D-SNP) from UnitedHealthcare
Got Medicare? Got Medicaid? Get more benefits.
Get more benefits, all at no extra cost to you. UnitedHealthcare Dual Special Needs Plans (D-SNPs) are designed for people who have both Medicare and Medicaid. These plans typically offer many extra benefits and features beyond Original Medicare and include help to coordinate care and benefits. People who are eligible can get a Dual Special Needs Plan for as low as a $0 plan premium.
Dual Special Needs Plans typically include:
OTC + Healthy Food
Prepaid card for over-the-counter (OTC) products and covered groceries in-store or online.
Prescription Drug Coverage
$0 copay on covered generic and brand-name prescriptions including home delivery. Prescription drug coverage is always included in Dual Special Needs Plans.
Receive covered types of preventive and comprehensive dental.1 See any dentist in Medicare Advantage's largest dental network.2
Routine Vision Care
Routine eye exams and allowance for eyewear to help protect your eyesight.1
Routine Hearing Coverage
Routine hearing exam and coverage for a broad selection of hearing aid styles.1
$0 copay for trips to or from approved locations, such as medically related appointments, gyms and pharmacies.1
Is a Dual Special Needs Plan right for you?
It may be right for you if...
- You have Medicaid and Medicare.
- You have complex medical needs.
- You need help to coordinate your care.
- You’d like extra benefits and features at no extra cost.
It's not the best for you if...
- You qualify for either Medicare or Medicaid, but not both.
We may have other plan options that meet your healthcare and budget needs if a Dual Special Needs Plan isn't right for you.
Note: Not all D-SNPs are available in all areas. But there may be other Medicare Advantage plans that may be a good fit for you. To find plans in your area, use the "Shop and Enroll in a Plan" link below and enter your ZIP Code on the next page. Or simply enter your ZIP Code at the bottom of the page and click the "Shop" button. This will take you to a page that shows all plans available for your ZIP Code.
- The number of plans available will show above the plan type. For example, if there are five Medicare Advantage plans available in your area, you'll see the number "5" above "Medicare Advantage (Part C) Plans."
- If you see a number above "Medicare Special Needs Plans," click the "View Plans" link under that plan type. This will let you see all Special Needs Plans offered in your area—including D-SNPs, if they are available.
- If you see a "0" above "Medicare Special Needs Plans," that means there aren't any Special Needs Plans available in your area.
Meet with Us
Make an appointment with a licensed insurance agent/producer in your area
1Benefits, features and/or devices vary by plan/area. Limitations and exclusions apply.
2Based on UnitedHealthcare Product Ancillary Network 360 Research, May 2021. Network size varies by market and exclusions may apply.