UnitedHealthcare Dual Complete is a Dual Special Needs Plan (D-SNP) for people who have both Medicare and Medicaid. Dual Special Needs Plans typically offer many extra benefits and features beyond Original Medicare. These plans also include help to coordinate care and benefits. People who are eligible can get a Dual Special Needs plan for a $0 plan premium.
Dual Special Needs Plans usually include:
Routine dental care with $0 copays, plus comprehensive dental services.
Health Products Credits
Credits to buy hundreds of approved health-related items, including common over-the-counter (OTC) medications.
Rides to and from plan-approved locations.
Routine exams, plus credit toward glasses or contacts.
$0 copay for routine hearing exams and credit for hearing aids.
Speak with a registered nurse anytime about your medical concerns.1
Personal Emergency Response System
Get help 24/7 in an emergency at no extra cost.2
Access to participating fitness centers.
Foot Care Coverage
Routine exams to help keep your feet healthy.
Meals delivered to you with $0 copay after a qualifying hospital stay.
A yearly in-home preventative care visit with a health care practitioner.3
Solutions for Caregivers
Speak to an experienced care manager who can provide resources to help meet your caregiving needs.4
Worldwide Emergency Coverage
Coverage for emergency and urgent care needs worldwide.
More benefits than Original Medicare.
No Referral Needed
Your choice of specialists within the network.
Prescription Drug Coverage
Prescription drug coverage is always included in Dual Special Needs Plans. So you’ll get access to thousands of prescription medications commonly chosen by doctors and pharmacies.
Is a Dual Special Needs Plan right for you?
It may be right for you if...
- You have full Medicaid benefits and Medicare.
- You have complex medical needs.
- You need help to coordinate your care.
- You’d like extra benefits and features at no extra cost.
It's not the best for you if...
- You qualify for either Medicare or Medicaid, but not both.
- You have end-stage kidney failure, also called End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD). If that’s the case, please talk with a UnitedHealthcare licensed sales agent to discuss your specific situation.
We may have other plan options that meet your healthcare and budget needs if a Dual Special Needs Plan isn’t right for you.
Note: Not all D-SNPs are available in all areas. But there may be other plans—for example Medicare Advantage plans—that may be a good fit for you. To find plans in your area, use the “Shop and Enroll in a Plan” link below and enter your ZIP Code on the next page. Or simply enter your ZIP Code at the bottom of the page and click the “Find plans” button. This will take you to a page that shows all plans available for your ZIP Code.
- The number of plans available will show above the plan type. For example, if there are five Medicare Advantage plans available in your area, you’ll see the number “5” above “Medicare Advantage (Part C) Plans.”
- If you see a number above “Medicare Special Needs Plans,” click the “View Plans” link under that plan type. This will let you see all Special Needs Plans offered in your area—including D-SNPs, if they are available.
- If you see a “0” above “Medicare Special Needs Plans,” that means there aren’t any Special Needs Plans available in your area.