Medicare Advantage Plans
Make the most of your Pharmacy benefits today.
You could pay less for the same medications when you fill your prescriptions with the OptumRx Preferred Mail Service Pharmacy.
OptumRx® Preferred Mail Service Pharmacy
Savings and convenience-delivered.
- Copay Savings vary by plan.1 Contact UnitedHealthcare for full details on how you could save on your copays compared to what you would pay at a Network Retail Pharmacy.
- No shipping charge for standard delivery to U.S. addresses, including U.S. territories.
- All medications are dispensed in a clearly labeled containers and mailed in a confidential, tamper-evident package.
- Licensed pharmacists are available by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer your medication questions and concerns.
Getting started is easy.
Just choose one of these options:
- By phone. Call OptumRx at 1-877-889-6358 (TTY 711), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please have your current prescription label with you when you call.
- By mail. Complete, print and mail the mail order form to OptumRx. View this helpful "Getting started" checklist for additional instructions.
- By physician. Have your physician's office call 1-800-791-7658 with your prescriptions, 8 a.m.-8 p.m. CT, Monday-Friday, excluding certain holidays, TTY 711 or fax them to 1-800-491-7997 24 hours 7 days a week.
Prescription orders sent directly to OptumRx from your doctor must have your approval before OptumRx can send your medications. This includes new prescriptions and prescription refills. OptumRx will contact you, by phone, to get your approval. At that time you may also tell OptumRx to automatically fill any future prescriptions they receive directly from your doctor(s) for up to one year. If OptumRx is unable to reach you for approval your prescription will not be sent to you.
Refunds may be available for prescriptions you did not approve and did not want. You may request a refund or cancel your approval by calling OptumRx at 1-800-791-7658, TTY 711, 8 a.m.–8 p.m. CT/CST, Monday–Friday.
For more information, visit .
Take a tour of the Preferred Mail Service Pharmacy and learn how to:
- Check the status of your Mail Service Pharmacy order.
- Find medications and lower cost alternatives covered by your plan.
- Renew your expired prescriptions.
- Set up text message notifications to remind you to take your medicine.
- Refill prescriptions when your medications are running low.
1 Savings apply during the initial coverage period, which begins after the payment of your required deductible (if any) and ends when the total cost of your drugs (paid by UnitedHealthcare, you and others) reaches $2,850.
NOTE: If you are receiving Extra Help from Medicare, your copays may be lower or you may have no copays.
The benefit information provided is a brief summary, not a complete description of benefits. For more information contact the plan. Limitations, copayments, and restrictions may apply. Benefits, formulary, pharmacy network, provider network, premium and/or copayments/coinsurance may change on January 1 of each year.
You are not required to use the plan's Preferred Mail Service Pharmacy to obtain a 90-day supply of your maintenance medications, but you may pay more out-of-pocket compared to using the Preferred Mail Service Pharmacy. Your prescriptions should arrive in about seven days from the date the completed order is received by the Mail Service Pharmacy. You will be contacted by the Preferred Mail Service Pharmacy if there will be an extended delay in the delivery of your medications.
OptumRx is an affiliate of UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company.
Update Adobe Flash Player
Your current version of Flash player is not supported. Please upgrade Flash player to the latest version.