Tests could include:
- Liver Function Tests
- History and Physical Exam
- Complete Blood Count (CBC) Test
- Serologic Test for Rickettsia Tsutsugamushi
- Rickettsia Typhus Group Antibody Assay
- Rickettsia DNA Amplified Probe
- Immunofluorescence Assay
- Serologic Test for Rickettsia Prowazeki
- Serologic Test for Rickettsia Typhi
- Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Skin Biopsy
- Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay
- Microbial Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
- Complement Fixation Tests
Liver function tests help determine the health of your liver by measuring levels of proteins, enzymes, or bilirubin in your blood. Many tests can be performed on the liver, but most of them do not measure the overall function of the liver. The mos...
Suspicious of a mole, freckle or spot on your skin? Read about tests to expect during a visit with your doctor.
A skin lesion biopsy is a simple medical procedure in which a sample of your skin is removed and tested in a laboratory. The sample taken during a biopsy is often very small-often the size of a grain of rice. The sample size is just large enough f...
ELISA, or EIA, is an acronym for enzyme-linked immuno assay. ELISA is a test that detects and measures antibodies in your blood. This test can be used to determine if you have antibodies that are related to certain infectious conditions. Antibodie...
In some cases, your doctor may decide that he or she needs a sample of your tissue or your cells to help diagnose an illness or identify a cancer. This removal of tissue or cells is called a biopsy. While a biopsy may sound scary, it's important t...
A complement fixation test to C. burnetii is a blood test that checks for antibodies to Coxiella burnetii (C. burnetii) bacteria in your bloodstream. ...