Peripheral Neuropathy testsPeripheral Neuropathy
Tests could include:
- Neurological Examination
- History and Physical Exam
- Nerve Conduction Testing
- Biopsy of Nerve
- Testing of autonomic nervous system function; sudomotor, including one or more of the following: quantitative sudomotor axon reflex test (QSART), silastic sweat imprint, thermoregulatory sweat test, and changes in sympathetic skin potential
- Skin Biopsy
- Diagnostic Spinal Tap
- Blood Chemical Analysis
- Endocrine studies (procedure)
- Examination of peripheral nerve (procedure)
- Biopsy of peripheral nerve
- Neurostimulation procedure
A nerve biopsy is a testing procedure in which a small sample of a nerve is removed from your body and examined in a laboratory. Your doctor may request a nerve biopsy if you...
Suspicious of a mole, freckle or spot on your skin? Read about tests to expect during a visit with your doctor.
A skin lesion biopsy is a simple medical procedure in which a sample of your skin is removed and tested in a laboratory. The sample taken during a biopsy is often very small-often the size of a grain of rice. The sample size is just large enough f...
Electromyography (EMG) is a diagnostic tool that evaluates muscle or nerve problems. It uses surface electrodes to assess the ability of motor neurons (the nerve cells that control your muscles) to transmit electrical signals. It also uses needle ...