Heart Attack testsHeart Attack
Tests could include:
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- History and Physical Exam
- Serum troponin I measurement
- Serum Creatine Kinase MB Isoenzyme (CKMB) Level
- electrocardiogram interpretation and report only
- Coronary bypass (CABG) w/o cardiac catheterization
- Cardiac enzymes/isoenzymes measurement (procedure)
- Creatine Kinase Isoenzymes Test
- Cardiovascular Stress Test
- Radionuclide Myocardial Perfusion Study
- Serum troponin T measurement
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Coronary Angiography
- Cardiac Echo
- Chest X-Ray
- Plasma B-Type Natriuretic Peptide (BNP) Level
- Creatine Kinase Isoenzyme, MB Fraction (CKMB) Level Test
An electrocardiogram (also known as an ECG or EKG) is a simple, painless test that measures your heart's electrical activity. Every heartbeat is triggered by an electrical signal that starts at the top of your heart and travels to the bottom. Hear...
Enzymes are complex proteins that facilitate chemical changes in every part of the body. Your body needs enzymes to function. The CPK isoenzymes test is a way to measure the levels of an enzyme called creatine phosphokinase (CPK) in your blood. CP...
Cardiac catheterization is a hospital procedure used to evaluate heart function and diagnose cardiovascular conditions. In the procedure, a long narrow catheter is inserted in an artery or vein in the groin, neck, or arm. This tube threads through...
A coronary angiography is a test to determine blockage in a coronary artery. During the coronary angiography, a contrast dye is injected into the arteries through a catheter (thin, plastic tube), while a doctor watches how blood flows through the ...
An echocardiogram is a test that uses sound waves to produce live images of a heart, allowing a doctor to monitor how the heart and its valves are functioning. An echocardiogram, or "echo," can help spot blood clots, fluid in the sac around the he...
An X-ray is an imaging test that uses small amounts of radiation to produce pictures of the organs, tissues, and bones of the body. When focused on the chest, it can help spot abnormalities or diseases of the airways, blood vessels, bones, heart, ...