Tests could include:
- History and Physical Exam
- Corynebacterium Diphtheriae Culture Test
- Gram Stain Microscopy
- DTaP Hepatitis B and IPV Vaccine
- Delayed hypersensitivity skin test for diphtheria (procedure)
- Diphtheria antibody measurement
- Throat Culture
- Toxin assay procedure
- Throat Swab
- Complete Blood Count (CBC) Test
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
A throat swab culture, or throat culture, is a test commonly used to diagnose bacterial infections in the throat. These infections can include strep throat, pneumonia, tonsillitis, whooping cough, and meningitis. The purpose of a throat swab cultu...
A complete blood count, or CBC, is an easy and very common test that screens for certain disorders that can affect your health. A CBC measures several components of your blood and can help diagnose a broad range of conditions, from anemia and infe...
An electrocardiogram (also known as an ECG or EKG) is a simple, painless test that measures your heart's electrical activity. Every heartbeat is triggered by an electrical signal that starts at the top of your heart and travels to the bottom. Hear...