Diabetic Nephropathy testsDiabetic Nephropathy
Tests could include:
- Serum Creatinine Measurement
- History and Physical Exam
- Hemoglobin A1C Measurement
- Creatinine Clearance Test
- 24 Hour Urine Albumin Output Test
- 10 Hour Urine Microalbumin
- 24 Hour Urine Microalbumin Level Test
- Blood Urea Nitrogen Measurement
- Glomerular Filtration Rate
- Albumin Excretion Rate Test
- Inulin Clearance Test
- Serum Glucose Test
- Urine Glucose Measurement
- Urine Protein Screen
- Urine Osmolality
- Urea nitrogen renal clearance measurement
- Urine Albumin/Creatinine Ratio Measurement
- Blood Glucose
- Quantitative Urine Microalbumin Measurement
- 24 hour urine protein excretion test
- Ultrasound of Kidney
- Kidney Biopsy
- examination of blood pressure
A blood urea nitrogen (BUN) test checks kidney function by measuring how much urea nitrogen is in your blood.
Your kidneys are the body’s main filtration system, removing waste products from your blood and releasing them via your urine. The small filters inside your kidneys are known as glomeruli. If your kidneys are not working properly, your glome...
A urine glucose test is a quick, easy way to check for abnormally high levels of glucose in the urine. You will be asked to urinate into a plastic laboratory cup. A lab technician can check glucose levels immediately by using a small cardboard dev...
Osmolality measures the concentration of all particles in a fluid. For example, a thick, sugary syrup has significantly higher osmolality than a cup of water with just a pinch of sugar. The urine osmolality test measures the amount of several comp...
A urinalysis is a laboratory test done to detect problems with your body that can appear in your urine. Many illnesses and disorders affect how your body removes waste and toxins. The system that takes care of that is broadly called the excretory ...
When you have diabetes, you must carefully monitor your carbohydrate intake. This includes sugars found in desserts.
The 24-hour urine protein test checks the function of the kidneys and detects disease. Urine samples are collected in one or more containers over a period of 24 hours. The containers are kept in a cool environment and then sent to a lab for analys...
A renal biopsy is a procedure used to extract kidney tissue for laboratory analysis. The word "renal" describes the kidneys. A renal biopsy is also called a kidney biopsy. The test helps your physician to identify the type of kidney disease you ha...